Microsoft Small Business Solution
Microsoft Small Business Solution
To reduce the worries of small business startups they have come with a software package so that they can focus more on the business and increase it. In order to avail this software, your business has fewer than 25 employees and less than $10 million in revenue. This software is built using Microsoft Dynamics GP and runs on top of free Microsoft MSDE or SQL Server Express database. If you are not a technical person and the above terms are not clear to you and wondering is it good for you or not, then need not to worry. It is safe and secure software that will keep your data permanently and store in an ordered way and will provide you with the required data whenever needed.
Now you would be thinking what features will be provided to you the following is the list that includes everything :
* Financial (General ledger with Advanced Financial Analysis), It provides the flexibility to grow with your business over time. Easily restructure your entire accounting system the way you want it whenever you require it. Resize, reorder, and expand your charts of accounts to let your financial reporting increase with your business.
* Banking (Bank reconciliation / Cash flow management), A bank reconciliation statement is a summary of banking and business activity that reconciles an entity’s bank account with its financial records. The statement outlines the deposits, withdrawals and other activity affecting a bank account for a specific duration. A bank reconciliation statement is a useful for financial internal control tool used to thwart fraud.
* Sales ( Sales order processing / Accounts receivable ), Accounts Receivable ( AR ) refers to the outstanding invoices a company has or the money it is owed from its clients. In your personal life, an example of Accounts Receivable would be buying a ticket for a concert or sporting event for a friend with the understanding that they will pay you back later.
* Purchasing (Purchase order / Accounts payable), All businesses at one point or another will buy something for their company. It could be as simple as that of ordering office supplies. Accounts Payable is how a business keeps track of the money that is owed for its suppliers. This is shown as a liability for a balance sheet. Whenever an invoice is received for a product or services rendered it is typically is entered into the Accounts Payable ledger for approval.
* Inventory ( Item tracking ), These companies carry inventory that consists mainly of the products they buy and sell. Other companies, such as manufacturers, buy components and raw materials and convert these items into the finished product. A manufacturer’s inventory consists of many components, raw materials, and finished goods products.
* Foundation and Reporting (Report editor, SmartList, Microsoft Office Integration), Excel Report Integration is available for Business Essentials and for Advanced Management Business Ready Licensing. There is no additional charge for the Excel Report Integration. If you want to deploy Excel Report Integration by using the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, there is an additional charge to do this.
* Integration (Import wizard for Master Records/transactions), Prepare your data for import and create an import files. Doing this step first prevents errors, redundancy of data, and frustration.
* Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft. It is a scaled-down version of Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 or 2000 which is free for non-commercial use and for certain limited commercial use
Additional features that may be bought separately from Microsoft are :
- Crystal Reports
- Fixed assets
- FRx Designer User
- Magnetic Media
- US Payroll